Top 10 Qualities For A Great Leader
Dec 08, 2020
Because we spend so much time at work, and because we are dependent on feeling we are valuable to the company we work for, good management is incredibly important. Leaders can have a very positive influence, and bring out the best in us every day, but they can also prevent us from unleashing our full potential. Surveys reveal that 70% of employees quit because of a bad leader.
At the end of the day, management is all about being able to “see” people. A great leader gives others the opportunity to perform well, and to ensure everyone on the team and in the company moves in the same direction.
Here are our top 10 qualities for a great leader:
- They care about their employees – not “sort of”, but genuinely. They know what their employees are passionate about, and what they are good at.
- You can trust them. This means that if a manager says that he/she will do something, you can trust them to do so.
- They want you to succeed, and they help you to do so. They know your strengths and weaknesses, and they know how to build on your strengths so that you can perform at your very best.
- They don’t micro-manage. They trust you to do your job and only get involved if they can see that you’re heading in the totally wrong direction, or if you ask for their input.
- They praise their employees and thank them for their input.
- They are honest. And sometimes they are so honest that it almost hurts...but they say the things they say because they want you to become a better version of yourself.
- They are clear and transparent in their communication, and make sure to explain anything that is unclear quickly and without compromising their integrity. They never create uncertainty in how they communicate.
- They are fair and understand that different people need to be treated differently.
- They are strict – when they need to be. That does not mean they do not care about the employees.
- They show empathy. Great leaders understand that most people are different, and that they have different passions and needs.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.